Wednesday, April 21, 2010

my tibetan name

Karmapa gave me the name 'Dekyong' meaning 'sustain the bliss'. can also be interpreted as 'protecting the joy'. i love the name! this is his handwriting. i should learn how to write the name in tibetan. this is me in front of gyuto monastic university after a precious 1hr special audience with His Holiness. i like this photo. dog and the sick mule (something wrong with his leg) at gyuto.
me and mule. it is one of my favourite animals. you look at his eyes, you just cant help feeling compassion. especially when you see them working. mules carrying heavy sacks of stones or bricks in dharamsala is quite a common sight. they are so obedient. i see them i always feel my heart softening. aiya kim took this photo, close up without telling me. argh... haha.. i thot my hair is part right in the center. hm.. why like this... hm not nice..haha.. i pray he is doing better.

p.s. 'OPEN YOUR HEART' a video to share with you. i have donated USD50 la to tibetfund.org to give a little support to our fellow human beings. have you thought about what you can do to help?

“We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” - Mother Teresa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home