Thursday, September 03, 2009

i dont know

good morning girls! how are you feeling today? today i want to share with you a song that my friend shared with me. hm.. lets call him mr ferry haha.. becos we know each other from the ferry. mr ferry and i shared a lot of books and songs. he is irish. sometimes i feel like its like having a pen pal once again. in my school days, where we do not have the internet yet. leekeng and i had pen pals! haha... sound so old fashion now.
this song made my day. i like lisa hannigan (she is also irish) when she sang with damien rice. i didnt know she went solo. i am going to get her cd. i think i like her more. i love her smile and look carefully at what the guy beside her is making music from. haha...

it is filmed in a bar in dingle, the sourthern part of ireland. the band is sitting in 'the snug' which is a little closed off area that is found in some irish bars. it looks so cozy.. oh it would be so nice to have a cup of hot chocolate (not guinness stout haha) in the snug on a cold winter day. yeah? enjoy!

''I don't know if you can swim or if the sea has any draw for you if you're better in the morning or when the sun goes down I'd like to talk to you I don't know if you can dance if the thought ever occurred to you if you eat what you've been given or push it round your plate still I'd like to cook for you all the same, if you want to, I am game.'' part of the lyrics.

3 Comments:

Blogger TwOOfs said...

she reminds me of Amélie Poulain from the movie Amélie :) great song

September 03, 2009 11:37 PM  
Blogger TwOOfs said...

by the way, do check out this nice song by carla bruni - you belong to me. taken from her album, Comme Si de Rien N'Etait. i love this album.

-bella

September 04, 2009 12:24 AM  
Blogger Suyin @ Kyurii.com said...

hey bella,

yes i got that carla bruni album and i love that movie amelie. i am so glad you enjoy the song. i just bought lisa hannigan's cd, sea sew. i also like the song 'lille'. you may like to check it out. i am listening to it now actually.

ok you have a nice weekend!

hugs,
suyin

September 05, 2009 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home