Thursday, July 24, 2008

here i come!

i got my ticket today! i am really going to nepal in oct! i am really doing my solo retreat to nepal!
you know there are things where you thought about, and they just sort of remain in the back of your head, and floats up from time to time. well, making a solo spiritual 'what-is-the-meaning-of-life?' trip is one of those things for me. it had been incubating itself since i quit my full time job end of 2006. and in a funny way, one step leads to another and it seems like its happening this year. AND IT IS! yesterday when i transferred the money for my air ticket to the travel agent, i was still kind of in a dreamy state. it wasnt till i received my e-ticket today and it reads: 7 OCT HONG KONG - KATHMANDU that i felt, OMG I AM REALLY DOING IT! haha! well, this is not my first solo trip (i did my first solo to the uk in 2000) and this is also not my first trip to nepal (i did that with my ex-TP mates in 1994 i think). i am afraid of travelling alone, but more of the fear (exciting fear, not so much of scary fear) in the unknown. becos this time, i am taking a meditation course for 10days. yes, will be staying in a monastery, in a dorm with 3 other females from different parts of the world, eating vegetarian meals, waking up at 5:30am everyday, observing a half day silence, listening to some westerner monk/nun talk about 'emptiness'. i have never done this before. will i be able to complete it without going nuts? mm... what have i gotten myself into! haha!
i am just so so so curious to find out how i will react, behave, feel, and think, and just watch myself. this would be fun, really fun. more of the unknown within me will be emerging. i am getting really good at throwing myself into the unknown (patting myself on the back) : )
ok everyone, lets exercise throwing ourselves out of our comfort zone today! if there is something you've been thinking of doing but there is some kind of unexplained fear lurking from within, think no more and do that thing! and watch the entire event unfold. when its over, i am sure you will be surprised of how easy it was. and you have one more beautiful, memorable(regardless of how it turns out to be becos we hold no expectations) chapter to be included in your already perfect life. lets remind ourselves to express gratitude to this life (energy) we are given, for us to be able to do the things we want to do. the energy to exercise, to eat, to sleep, to walk, to travel, to work and make a living. (oops, i am sounding like my yoga teacher each time he ends a class, he would always remind us of stuff like that.) have a BEAUTIFUL evening ahead and a good night sleep. namaste.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you go girl.. i am proud of you..i can relate to what you are trying to say.
when you open your mind face the certainty you have. will you discover i side of you, you never knew.

July 24, 2008 11:11 PM  
Blogger Suyin @ Kyurii.com said...

hi gillian, yes open our minds, open our hearts (a lot of that in yoga poses yah all that backbends. haha). thank you for your comment. : )

July 25, 2008 5:47 PM  
Blogger Fairy_Dust said...

hi Suyin, i have a big problem here...i bought the pre-order white wedges of size 37 after looking at the measurements provided. i'm always wearing size 37 but leekeng said that for these shoes, she is wearing one size bigger than her usual 38. is there a possibility of an exchange? as size 37 is really too big for my feets :S

July 25, 2008 11:05 PM  
Blogger Fairy_Dust said...

sorry i mean i'm always wearing size 36 but because leekeng said for these pair she's wearing one size bigger, i got myself size 37 instead...

July 25, 2008 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home