Friday, April 24, 2009

i am so glad i am sitting down

hello everyone, how are you? i am TIRED! physcially. my legs are breaking. i met maurice, my regular yoga teacher on the ferry this morning (he is in lamma as well), so we took the train to the studio together AND HE WALKED SO FAST! FASTER THAN THE HONG KONGERS. (btw he is american who doesnt like it in america) imagine after the rapid walking warm up, then i have his hatha 1, then his hot flow, after that i am totally flat. then i went to collect some stocks, i am so glad to be walking at my leisure pace. but the story does not end here! when i arrived at ifc, central, i bumped into him again!!!!!!!!!!! OH NO! rapid walking again!!! just a minute ago, i was telling myself i dun care what time the ferry is, i am just going to take my own sweet time to walk to the pier. but the minute i bumped into him, my original 60km/h was accelerated to 120km/h!!! to catch that 6:40pm ferry!!

I DUN WAN THE MUSCLES ON MY LEGS (esp my calf) TO GET ANY BIGGER! i am like climbing up a hill everyday to get home, plus all the yoga poses (and he is a tough teacher), plus one day of maurice's speed walking, yes I AM TRAUMATIZED. you are so right, mauriiiiiice. i will probably go into hiding if i see him again on the ferry.

oh what a day! started the same way as it ended but it was a simple happy day. i enjoy talking to my teacher. but you have no idea how happy and grateful i am feeling right now. I CAN SIT DOWN NOW (sob sob and siping my bedtime calming yogi tea) without having to walk anymore tonite.
there will be no yoga for me tomorrow.




photos by maurice mettler. he is not only a fantastic yoga teacher, but also a great photographer. enjoy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

suyin, ask u something..did ur calf muscle become bigger since practising yoga?

April 26, 2009 8:43 PM  
Blogger Suyin @ Kyurii.com said...

hi there, haha cute question, i have been paying a lot of attention to my calves, and luckily i dun think they got bigger. my teacher always reminds me to use my quadriceps in the standing poses. most of us are so used to just using our calves or joints for strength, which may not be good in the long run (and might result to over-developed calves). we should be using more of our quadriceps. so my calves did not get bigger, but my quadriceps are more defined now. and my arms too.

thanks for writing. : )

April 26, 2009 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, i practise yoga too..my thigh,calves and arms became sooo mucular. so i thought u have the same problem too,hahaha

April 27, 2009 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home