Saturday, March 14, 2009

anything for the sake of a good shot

a few days ago, henky my fren warned me about shooting on my rooftop. he said 'hey you better be careful, there may be some perverts lurking around at the opposite blocks watching me when i am shooting.' actually i am already very self-conscious whenever i shoot. that day in the midst of shooting, i suddenly heard 'hey hello good morning!'. WHOSE VOICE? oh its my neighbour on the right. they are a semi-retired couple from australia i think. SHIT i think he saw me sitting there against the wall, staring at a branch, dressed in a fancy little tube dress early in the morning, in front of a camera with the timer beeping away. and i think he waited till that shot was done, before he greeted me. OMG. WHAT COULD HE POSSIBLY BE THINKING? this is the shot he saw me shooting, i believed. 'oh hi! good morning! how are you?' i greeted him, trying to pretend that everything is cool. i am not offering any explanation! coz it will just look like i am trying to defend my own 'weird' actions. we talked a bit about the weather, general stuff as he watered his plants. inside my heart, i was thinking.. gosh i have to create an opportunity to explain myself, and tell him what i do for a living before i am labelled the 'eccentric neighbour'.

and guess what.. the next day, i bumped into victor, my very young property agent, and he dropped a comment ''you know those gwei lows (ang moh) here in lamma, most are eccentric.' i asked him 'what makes you say so?' he replied with a cheeky grin ''slowly la, you will find out for yourself.'' and that's not all, before he left, he turned around and said 'oh you know your right side neighbour, he is eccentric.' my eyes nearly popped out. GREAT! these property agents, they always tell you half the story, and leave the juicy bits out until you moved in and paid them their commission. 'hey wait WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!?! i spoke to him, he is very nice wor!' then he said it again 'aiya you will slowly know la.' ARGH!!! i hate hidden agendas!

however, i refused to buy into all these perceptions and judgements, right, we, yogis do not judge. so far, everything is good. no perverts around (fingers crossed) and my neighbours are nice and friendly. maybe to them, i am the eccentric one. as long as it gives me a good shot, i will continue being eccentric. here's a few uncensored 'eccentric' photos ONLY for your viewing. welcome to the making of 09MAR A launch.
what!?! why is this girl always sniffing at the plants?!?! yes, i just did a camel pose, good yah, i can pose and yoga at the same time.
see, distracted again. yoga and kyurii, 2 major things in my life. cannot be separated. haha seriously it feels so good to stretch a bit in between the 3hr shoot.
ok! dun ask me why i am posing this way, i know i look like i am tryin to pee like a guy! LOL. i duno what got into me.... crazy!
oops wait, the stupid wires!
oh whatever! now you know why that frown on my face in that photo. hahaha.. but actually it turned out to be one of my favourite shots. the wires did their magic! love it. check out my dirty feet..... oh well, all for the sake of a good shot! yes! but i am exhausted. last shot, its a wrap!

p.s. i am re-reading my blog, i feel i am making lamma island sound like some freaky island occupied by wierdos. wee.... freak island!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home