Wednesday, September 10, 2008

om sweet om

hi there, i am back to my hk life. within 3 and a half hr of flight, i feel i am living another life. like i have 2 separate lives. its funny how a different environment makes one feel. in singapore, i somehow am still the girl who lives with her parents, and has everything done for her. dinner prepared, fruits cut, floor vacuumed, bed made, clothes ironed. sometimes i feel sucked into being the past 'me' which i had long ago discarded. in reality i have been away from singapore for almost 10 years now, and i have evolved (i cant find another word) from aus student life to shanghai and hk corporate life, and now 'yogic x kyurii' life. each trip home, i feel its a way of re-introducing myself to my parents, bit by bit. its interesting to watch their reactions when i tell them things they may not expect from the 'suyin' they know. i feel the best thing they did for me, is to allow me (and my brother) the freedom to live our own lives. i am so grateful. : )
one thing i have to admit is, i quite enjoy the special treatment once in a while. this trip has been the longest so far. 3 weeks. however during the last week, i was dying to return! from my singapore 'home sweet home' to my hk om sweet om for:
1. some much needed peace (my parents always have the tv on on a high volume, ah! drives me nuts!),
2. with no questions asked (my dad was asking me what kind of music i am listening to whenever i played krishna das or deva premal. i think he is worried that his daughter is turning into some yogic freak). hee..
3. and no unnecessary concerns (when i am doing my headstand, my mom will be telling me to watch out for the neck, be careful of this and that, i appreciate it but sometimes, its better to trust and encourage your kids instead of increasing the fear that is already within them when attempting challenges in lives).
oh well, but i know i will be craving for the attention and the pampering in a few months time. human beings. so right now, i am just going to enjoy what i have now with my 3 wonderful cats. om shanti om.
p.s. ok to those who asked, there will be no launches this weekend. i am currently busy preparing on the new stuff which i hope can be completed by earliest next mon!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Suyin, i've been reading ur blog but its the 1st time i'm commenting, as the line "its better to trust and encourage your kids instead of increasing the fear that is already within them when attempting challenges in lives)" strikes a chord in me..dealing with a difficult phase in life, i can't pinpoint what's troubling me exactly but there're things that need a change or shake-up definitely. typical concerns & over-reactions from parents result in more fear and distress in us(me). i think its time i do something outside my comfort zone for once just to learn facing my fear upfront..and hopefully positive changes may follow as more fears are uncovered(discovered), conquered and overcome with. cheers :)

September 10, 2008 10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Suyin possible to bring in those black elbow length gloves you worn? Thanks

September 11, 2008 3:24 PM  
Blogger Suyin @ Kyurii.com said...

hi l.s, thanks for your comment. yup i think from time to time, we just need a little reminder to get out of our own comfort zone, our routine, and do something different! to feel more alive! whatever it is you have set for yourself to do, go for it! with an open heart and a big smile. and remember, you are not alone. all of us are all going through more or less the same stuff : ) you have my support!
love, suyin

September 13, 2008 11:34 AM  
Blogger Suyin @ Kyurii.com said...

hi there, regarding the elbow length gloves, i will keep a lookout for them in the coming months. thanks for your comment! : )

September 13, 2008 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Suyin for your words of encouragement. i will survive! :)

Have a great Nepal trip!


Cheers

September 17, 2008 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home