Saturday, June 28, 2008

special yoga weekend

hi girls, to celebrate my first yoga birthday, this weekend will be a special yoga weekend on the blog! yeah! i still remember a year ago, i made a pact with myself to make exercise part of my life and decided to give yoga another try (i did yoga 3 years ago at a gym only for a few classes. nothing clicked. i guess i wasnt ready at that moment). last year this time, i asked the universe for a teacher whose words will resonate with me as i did not want a teacher who only focuses on the physical aspects. it turns out that maurice was the teacher in that trial class at pure i went to. everything fell into place. thank you universe.
usually my passion in a new hobby dies off pretty fast ( i would join a gym, go everyday for 3 months, and never go again). i realised that. and also becos i have started kyurii and did not have a stable and good income like i used to, this 663hkd per month fees meant a lot to me. i cannot be living my old habits again. therefore i made another promise to myself to spread my energy out evenly and steadily. no more of that strong passionate craze which is followed by a total burn-out. i remembered telling my friends i am going to make yoga part of my life after i signed up. haha. at that time, i said that purposely so that if i ever stop going after 3 mths, my frens can use my words against me 'suyin, i thought you said you want to make yoga part of your life? what happened?' haha. but somehow it turns out that my words did come true. yoga has indeed become part of my life. : )
here is a movie trailer of an 1hr documentary titled, Living Yoga, based on the life and teachings of Swami Satchidananda (1914-2002). i hope you enjoy it.
last note, yoga is not just about the asanas, its a way of living. namaste. : )

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Suyin!

Congratulations for making something u are committed to coming true! Proud of ya!

Anyway..i just joined the Kyurii facebook. You can add me too at julyian@hotmail.com or Adelene Lim.

Thanks babe!
Ade

June 28, 2008 5:36 PM  
Blogger Suyin @ Kyurii.com said...

oh thank you ade, yes it meant a lot to me! hugs hugs! thanks again! : )

June 28, 2008 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home