Friday, June 26, 2009

a salute to all teachers out there

hi girls, tonite i want to write a little about teachers. one of the toughest jobs i think. to be a good caring teacher, it takes so much patience and effort, to be a mediocre one, piece of cake.

actually i am writing this blog to you, little sis jiahui who just started on her first job as a teacher upon graduation. i can imagine how noisy it is! haha.. it must be tough, yes especially young kids. they can be loud and uncontrollable! i once experienced my fren's 3 yo boy threw a tantrum. mm.. it was loud and wild! haha but my fren assured me that it's not the worst. (eirma if you are reading this, i am talking about khairul at coffee club at taka the other time, remember. haha) so yeah i can imagine.. that noise x 20 times. your patience must be tested to the max every day. but you know what, you have one of the most meaningful job.

i often think back about how significant the role my past teachers played in my life, especially those who taught me when i was really young. it never fails to amaze me at how much a teacher's words (praise or criticism) can influence our minds and cause an effect in our later years. good teachers are remembered for life. i am quite lucky to have met some really caring teachers but there are 2 very significant ones in my life. one of them has to be my polytechnic lecturer, lim chong jin who taught us visual communications. he showed us through his own actions what is passion and energy. he is always so lively and full of zest, which was so lacking among the other old half-retired teachers. from him, i realised how important it is to create or find inspiration for ourselves. becos without inspiration, there is no passion, and without passion, there is no energy, and you do your work half dead. and that's no way to live.

the other teacher whom i am really grateful to is, miss ho. she is my dance teacher in primary school. she always encouraged me and gave me so much opportunities in performing. the things i think i can't do, i duno why she thinks i can do it. she believed in me which made me believe in myself. so powerful when we genuinely believe in someone, that transfer of the energy which i experienced from her to me, is what i call magic in life. oh and i have to thank her for the rigorous basic training she put us through every sat. for without that, i will not have the flexibility. hehe.. which is good for my yoga practise today. and she has planted in me the seeds to feel and appreciate the beauty of movement and flow which i am expressing through yoga now.

you know i just feel so many things that we have within us today, actually long began when we were little kids. things we were taught, words our teachers once said to us does make a little impact to our little minds. so yes, sis, press on as you said in your comment. do what you can, there will definitely be days where you feel like putting a huge masking tape over their mouths! hahaha.. just imagine that and laugh! or take a deep inhale and exhale. other than that, i would actually say SHINE ON, jiahui! leekeng and i always marvel that at your age, you are really mature in your thinking. when we were at your age, mm... i'd rather not make any comment. haha. nonetheless, we are proud of you.

p.s. check out my incredible mr skinny cactus. in feb/mar. this is him today. how much he has grown! that's a family of cactus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home